Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I have a question. What exactly is a resolution? According to the dictionary, a resolution is "A decision to do or not do something". So what are some things we should decide to do and not do in 2017? A lot of people decide to do things like give more money to charity, or exercise more often. All of these kind of things are good, but I believe our top resolutions should be to decide to put God first, and decide to put ourselves last. I like the Bible verse from John 3:30 "He must increase but I (must) decrease". So what are some ways we can put God first in our lives? One way is by spending more time reading your Bible. I love to read my Bible everyday, and I also like devotionals. My favorite devotional book I have ever read is "Daily Truth For Godly Youth" by Howard Bean. It is available through Christian Light Publications. It has a devotion for every day of the year. Another way is to pray more often. How do you strengthen a relationship? You talk to that person! It's the same way with God. Another great way is to get more involved with your church. Is your church going to pass out tracts Saturday? Go with them! Does your church need volunteers to serve the food at meals? Be a volunteer! God loves those that serve Him. With that I wish you all a happy and blessed New Year!

Comments

  1. I hope you all have a blessed New Year. Bible journaling is what we're hoping to do a lot of this year. Tori and I have the same journaling Bible. (Thrive Bible) It's got daily devotions, notes from God, so many things to help in your studies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bible journaling sounds like fun! So glad you're doing that! <3

      Delete
  2. You are so right sweet girl. I wish we would all try harder to get closer to God and do more for Him.because when it's all said and done He is all that matters.Good thoughts! Keep the good words coming! Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment