Southern Gospel Music, and Why I Love It.

Hey y'all! So I was recently listening to my all time favorite genre of music, Southern Gospel, when I did some thinking. Why, exactly, do I love Southern Gospel so much? I don't listen to it exclusively. I also happen to be a fan of OLD country music. But there's something about Southern Gospel that's different from other genres of music. It's about Jesus. Southern Gospel songs share a message of hope, a hope in Christ Jesus. It always makes me laugh when I'm talking with a group of friends, and they're talking about their favorite singing groups. I usually get a funny and bewildered look from them when they ask me what my favorite group is and I reply "The Kingdom Heirs", or "The Gaither Vocal Band" with a smile on my face. I've listened to Southern Gospel ever since I was born. My mom has sang with many different Southern Gospel groups through the years, and I can remember loving to go with her and hear her sing, a smile on her face while she shared the good news of Jesus and encouragement with others. I remember wanting to sing just like her when I grew up, encouraging the weary and sharing a message of hope with others. Now I've been singing at my church with my mom and sister since I was eleven years old, and there's pretty much nothing I'd rather do. I love being able to help others, and it means so much to me when somebody says how a certain song helped minister to them in a time of need. I can't really explain how listening to Southern Gospel makes me feel. There have been times in my life when I've turned on my radio, and Joy FM was playing a song that I just needed to hear. Today I'd like to encourage you to start the Joy FM 30 Day Challenge. For thirty days, listen to nothing but Southern Gospel music, and see what a change it makes in your life. Thirty days, nothing but songs of encouragement and hope. Try it and see what happens. You can listen to Southern Gospel music on free radio apps, such as spotify, iHeart radio, and Pandora. Also, if you're in North Carolina and can get it, try Joy FM, a radio station based out of Winston-Salem. You can also listen to Joy FM online. Here's a link: Listen to Joy FM online
They also have a free app for mobile phones, available on the App Store or Google Play store.

                                              A few of my favorite Southern Gospel albums:

1. The Gaither Vocal Band: The Best of The Gaither Vocal Band

2. The Kingdom Heirs: A New Look

3. The Issacs: The Issacs Naturally

4. Karen Peck & New River: Reach Out

Comments

  1. I agree sweet girl! Southern gospel is pretty much all we listen to around our house. I really love to hear you and your mom and sister sing. I'm so thankful that God sent y'all to Zion Hill. I love to hear you with some of the other young people sing at church. It's always a blessing. I've sung in the choir for as long as I can remember. It makes me happy to try to do something for our Lord. Keep on listening and keep on singing! It was great to see you Wednesday night and I really enjoyed your song! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is tori I like your Christian music post
    this is my blog
    https://wordpress.com/view/httpsvictoryart.wordpress.com
    Plz follow meh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tori! Thank you and I’ll check out your blog! Love you! 🙂

      Delete
  3. https://wordpress.com/view/httpsvictoryart.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try this link...I noticed the other one doesn't work

    http://httpsvictoryart.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment