Why I hate hamsters

Well, a few weeks ago, I had this stupid thought: "I should ask if I can get a hamster!" So I did. My dad and mom told me yes, and I was super excited. I spent two weeks researching hamster care and gathering information about them. I honestly don't know why I wanted a hamster so bad, when I have all these other pets to take care of, but I did. So after I had done all my research we went to the pet store for me to pick one out. They only had one hamster in the display cage, but the guy working there said they had more hamsters in the back. He brought out two buckets with four hamsters in each one. So I stupidly stuck my hand in there to pick one up, and this scary looking one with red eyes and yellow fur BIT ME! I didn't freak out, but it really REALLY hurt. Something you should know about me is, I am a tough girl when it comes to physical pain. This was actually hurting. I raised my hand and the dumb hamster was STILL HOLDING ON! (This was a syrian hamster, and they are very big hamsters, so I was close to the point of panic) I just said "Ow, this hurts" even though in my mind I was saying "SOMEBODY GET THIS RAT OFF MY FINGER BEFORE I SCREAM!!!" I sat my hand back down and it finally let go. It had bitten so hard, my finger was bleeding. We left the pet store and said we would come back later that day once I had decided which hamster I wanted. As soon as we got in the car, I said "I don't want a hamster. They stink, they bite, and now they just scare me. So, about an hour later, we went back to the pet store and I came out with this:

I had always wanted another parakeet for Bluebell to play with, so I got her Tweety! She is such a good bird, and I love parakeets. They are smart, very easy to take care of, and they don't stink. Well, that was the story of why I hate (and am now scared of) hamsters. (I was paranoid for three days that I would get a deadly disease)
Love,
 Eve

Comments

  1. I hate hamsters for the same reason. I had gerbils, which are similar, but my experience with hamsters was way worse. I stick to horses, they are the best! Working on getting my eighth. Anyways, good luck with Tweety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 hamsters and I fucking hate them. Had to inherit them from my girlfriend's brother after he broke up with his girlfriend and didn't want them anymore, since they were a reminder of a past relationship. I think the root of why he gave them away is that they're genuinely terrible pets. They bite like crazy, and their bites somehow hurt more than my giant rats (who are docile and fun to be around). Hamsters are shit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hamsters are the worst thing ever. They're so stupid, disgusting, and irritable. They aren't even that cute. I want a dog, not a literal rat. I love animals, don't get me wrong, it's just something about hamsters I hate. I want to get rid of my hamster asap.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment