"The Statler Brothers: Random Memories" Book Review

Hey y'all! Today I'll be reviewing "The Statler Brothers: Random Memories" by Harold and Don Reid. I am a HUGE fan of The Statler Brothers! I discovered their music last year, and I have been hooked on them ever since! The Statler Brothers are the most awarded act in country music, and the group consists of Harold Reid, Don Reid, Phil Balsley, and Jimmy Fortune. Whenever I hear a new singer or group that I love, I pretty much obsess over them, and The Statler Brothers have been no exception. I was thrilled to discover that brothers Harold and Don Reid had written a book back in 2008 that provides a look into some of their memories from their career and personal lives. If I had to sum this book up in three words, I would say BEST. AUTOBIOGRAPHY. EVER! Believe me, I have read A LOT of autobiographies, and this one is the absolute best I have EVER read. Harold and Don take turns writing in this book, and they share, as the title of the book says, random memories. Memories from their years with Johnny Cash, memories of growing up in Staunton Virginia, and many, many more memories. One thing that really stood out to me in this book was the fact that the Statler Brothers always put God and their families first. This book also has several pages of pictures, which was a surprise to me! This book did what few books do to me. It made me laugh AND cry, and to be honest I could barely put it down. This book left me wishing for a sequel! I 100% recommend that you read this book.
It's available for purchase on the Statler Brothers website:
Purchase "The Statler Brothers: Random Memories" here.



This review is not endorsed and all opinions are my own.

Comments

  1. I intend to buy it. Cathy told me about it Christmas Day. You do write a great review! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're getting it! Thank you and love you too!!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your review. Good job. I've always loved their music. They have beautiful harmony. I don't read a lot except for my Bible but it sounds like it a a good book. Keep up the good work sweet girl. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment