Caring for a large family 101

Hey y'all! So, I am obviously not a wife and mom yet, but I do have a lot of experience when it comes to taking care of a large family, because of my being the oldest child. So here is my guide to caring for a large family.
1. Cook good meals for your family.
We don't eat out a lot. A. It's too expensive B. My whole family would rather have one of us women folks cooking any day! My mom can cook pretty much anything, any quantity, and that's essential when you have a large family!
2. Clean. A lot.
Keeping a tidy house is VERY important. Especially when you live with seven other people! We clean our house every Friday, and we clean bathrooms, we dust, we clean bedrooms, we vacuum, sweep, clean windows and mirrors, shake rugs, etc. So basically everything gets cleaned. I clean the chicken coop every Tuesday. We do dishes everyday and laundry most days.
3. Make time for school.
Being homeschooled, it's really nice because we can do the same amount of work a kid in the public school system does in eight hours, in about four. We try to get all school work done between 9am and 1pm. But sometimes we run over, which is okay.
4. Spend time with your family.
Your family will always be there for you, whereas friends are kind one day and mean the next. It is so important to spend time with each family. Even in a big family, my mom and dad always spend time with each of us.

So there you have it! That is my guide to caring for a large family! Got something you'd like to add? Comment and let me know!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good Eve! You have a great mom and dad teaching you. You are on the right road! You know all the important things! You are going to make a wonderful wife and mother. Be sure to let God guide you in finding a good Christian husband. Love until the next time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment